Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Call to the helpline

I recently called my credit card issuing bank with whom I am very happy regarding the service, customer care and anything and everything. I called up just to enquire something.

Now, when someone calls up the credit card helpline, it takes time to reach the phone banking officer. I reached there without much effort and told my card number. Here, it use to take some time to retrieve the details. Previously, I use to hear “Please be online sir, I am retrieving your details.” But this time, it was something else. She asked me, “Sir, are you watching the IPL match on TV?”. I was little surprised, I responded and we engaged in conversation for some 30 seconds.

In the meanwhile, details were retrieved and my query was solved with utmost satisfaction.

In the end, I realized that these companies know that customer is king and go any length to keep them happy. I was pleasantly surprised by the innovations that they come to keep the customer engaged and connected while on a call also :)

Good work HSBC !!! Keep it up :)

1 comment:

  1. Well amit you did not get the point... the girl was hoping to hear that you were going to see the match and would have even volunteered to come watch the match with you (go any length to keep the customer happy) OR she was simply mesmerised by your shriky voice OR ... ... ...

    Kidding man. Nice Posts.

    ReplyDelete