Saturday, January 9, 2010

When Facebook was all colours

Jan 8, 2009 -> The chill in the air was less than the usual in Calcutta. It also marked the beginning of our festival. As always, I got up and got ready to attend the various competitions. But as an avid net user, I made a point to check my mail, notices and facebook. But something was different on facebook today! Some people had colours had their status messages and the only common chord was they were girls who had done this. I did not pay much heed to this and ignored it.

In the evening, however when I checked facebook again (after like 12 hours), this disease of putting-clour-status-message had spread like fire in the jungle and even had colors on gtalk statuses..!!

So, as curiosity would have it, I decided to find the reason of this. But I was lucky that a friend of mine put this link to tell the reason. Please read it and then you will understand how ridiculous the whole thing is! I mean the cause the fine but the way it is done is absolutely crappy. Using facebook to vent my feelings, I updated my status and result is there to see.

Some of the better ways

1. Having a dedicated online portal for this or open a discussion board in facebook.
2. Use print media like newspapers and ladies-magazines like Femina et al.
3. Prime-time serials attract the target women to the max and hence it would be best to do so.
4. With FM radios back in vogue and ladies equally interested in listening to it, I don't think we are far away from the people whom we want to reach out!

I feel that because we have internet and facebook, makes it imperative to USE them too...

1 comment:

  1. Come on yaar guys can put the colours of their undies!!! So much of hue and cry just because you don't wear a bra ;)

    ReplyDelete