Friday, September 5, 2008

Electronic Mail

This is really strange, what happenned with me lately!

I had to get my friend e-mail some stuff really urgently. This was on Tuesday, September 2, 2008. I told him around 12 pm to do so and he did the needful instantly. But suprise suprise...I am not receiving that mail for some unexplained reason. Or maybe Murphy's Law was operating at that time. I waited for like an hour and got really impatient.

My friend was in the US and hence it was sleeping time for him. So, I did not want to disturb him. Ignoring this delay, I went for my class and checked it back at 4 pm and still no trace of that e-mail. I pinged him on gtalk but apparently it was still not a great time to be up in US (my bad luck !!!).

Somehow my prayers got answered and he responded around 4:45 pm on gtalk. I told him about this and he instantly sent me an another e-mail. Oh, forgot to mention that I needed that mail by 6 pm; come what may.

But somewhere someone was against me. I am not receiving the second mail too. GMail is delivering all spam, my other mails and but not this one! Well, I calmed my nerves and waited more. But at 5:15 pm, I requested him to send me another one but this time gave my yahoo, rediff, hotmail and all other ids which I have :P

As he was in the process of doing this, a small notification popped up in gtalk; informing me about a new mail and I was delighted to see that I have received his mail...finally :) :) This was the first one which he sent out.

I informed him about receiving the same and abandon the third e-mail sending operation. I received the e-mail at around 5:30 pm, after around 5 hours of it being sent and just 30 minutes before I needed it!

Now, comes the best part. He had sent me 2 mails and I had received only one. Right. Little did I care about it. But, when I checked my mail some time back today, Voila - there it was...mail no. 2 :) :) This means an electronic mail took approximately 67 hours to be delievered.

Cant get slower than that :D :D

Something worse possible is not receiving an e-mail at all which was sent out.

No comments:

Post a Comment