Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Forgotten Attachment detector

Gmail introduced this feature in September 2008. I really liked this feature because after working for 3 years,I realised that forgetting to attach a file is one of the most errors that happens while one is sending like umpteen mails daily.

But, when it was introduced, I tested it twice or thrice and it did NOT seem to work. I decided to give feedback to Google for the same but discovered that many other avid Gmail users seem to have noticed that this feature is really not working. But I did not disable this feature from the Lab Settings.

MBA, to a large extent requires a lot of e-mail exchange throughout the day and lot of attachments are exchanged on an hourly basis. But my memory seem to have never disappointed me and I almost never forgot to attach the required file in the mail.

But today morning, it happened! I wrote a mail to a prof and hit that sent button and voila, a small pop-up window was there, staring at me and saying - "It seems you have forgotten to attach a document". I thanked Gmail from core of my heart for coming out with this brilliant feature :) :)

Just wondering, if MS Outlook can come up with something similar!

2 comments:

  1. I had read about the Forgotten Attachment detector in several articles, but they all forgot to mention how to activate it! Thanks for putting the "Lab Settings" link on your blog, everyone else just had a link to Google Labs. bill, from Washington State, US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello i'm from france and i think that features is very interesting but for the french or the other countries, it useless. It can be interesting the user can choose the keyword for the detection.

    ReplyDelete