Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Nokia 7210 Supernova

After experiencing an airline ticket purchase online, I am here to write my experience on a mobile buying these days which is much more time consuming and involves physical labour too ;)

I was contemplating to buy a new mobile handset and finally last weekend, I set out to a nearby (well, not so near) 'Mobile Store'. When I reached there, I found that a 'Hot Spot' outlet has also opened absolutely adjacent. As Hot Spot has some 'assured' prize winning scheme going on, I decided to give this place the first shot.

I told my budget of 5 to 6k and a NOKIA phone, come what may, preferably no camera :D He showed me 7210 Supernova with a price tag of 5300 and music express 5130 or 5310 for 5800 INR. Then he brought this Sony W 310 for 5000 and according to him was the BEST phone. The seller was really pushing hard for this model. Now, my MBA has taught me one thing - if a dealer is pushing for a lower priced product at the same margin, then something is definitely not right somewhere. I really liked Supernova model but with a 1 GB card, I was not getting the data cable!

I moved to Mobile Store next door and was shown the same 2 models of Nokia but no data cable again with Supernova. He also showed me an awesome Samsung slider phone too, again for 5100. When I asked for his advice, he quietly told me to go for Nokia, coz its a Nokia :) Here, I enquired about Sony W 310 and was told that production has been stopped and anyone selling it would be clearing an old stock (which confirmed my previous apprehension. I did indeed checked on the net afterwards and found that Mobile Store was right).

Last, in the line was a Nokia Priority Dealer, who was offering Supernova model for 5,300 INR WITH a data cable! I had no question in mind to go for this model now. This model is fully loaded - 2 MP camera, 1 GB card, data cable, video recording, expandable memory upto 2 GB, Radio, MP 3 player, Bluetooth, excellent sound quality, absolutely sleek finish :)

Its turning out to be a good buy till now atleast!

1 comment:

  1. Amit,

    I totally love the research you and experience you put in when you do any damn shopping be it Tshirts or Mobile phones... your simply the best!!!

    ReplyDelete