Sunday, August 16, 2009

ICICI Bank Customer Service SUCKS!

I am an ICICI Bank Credit Card customer for more than 5 years now. I was issued a silver card back then and was upgraded to Gold Card 3 years back owing to my clear credit record. I am a Gold customer since then and have maintained the same clean record.

Last month, I forgot to make the payment on time (just slipped out of my mind) and made it 2 days late. On Friday, I received my bill on which I was slapped a Rs. 400 fine and some service tax on it, taking the total to Rs. 440 something. When I called the customer service, I was told that bank is not considering any reversal. I asked to speak to the manager and was told as he is busy with some other call, I cant speak to him. I told the customer support guy to atleast take my complaint which he did. I was given the assurance that I will hear from the bank about this by Saturday night.

Since I did not receive any reply, I called the helpline once more few minutes back and told my case. The phone agent told me that no complaint was lodged on Friday and no communication is pending from bank's side. I was shocked to say the least! The previous guy had blatantly lied to me. I told this person about fine reversal and he too told me the same about no reversal being possible. I told him, well in that case ICICI should cancel my card and I will clear the outstanding without paying the fine. Then I was told to hold the line.

After 3 to 4 minute of holding the line, I was informed that my reversal is accepted and a confirmation SMS will come to me within an hour. I also lodged the complaint against the person who bluffed me on my last call on Friday. Lets see what happens.

I think ICICI should take some lessons from their competitors in customer service.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah don't let them get away... and always take down a complaint number... and good for you because of your quick thinking you got prompt action. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work!! Do follow up with your complaint with regard to the guy who lied blatantly.

    And congratulations for the success in getting your fine reversed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every sectio of ICICI sucks.. in every city... Arrrrrghhh

    i hate that bank..
    they shud be - "Hum kabhi nahi hai na"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    We're sorry to hear of the miscommunication from our end. If you can write to us at care@icicibank.com with your phone and email contact details, we'll get our Customer Care Team to call you and work to address your issues.

    Warm regards,
    ICICI Bank Customer Care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you man. I have had many such incidences. I quietly moved away from ICICI & am happy with the customer service of HDFC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. icici duped me
    well i too have an really bad experience with ICICI Home loan ... it really sucks ..... big times ...

    they forced me buy a ULIP for home loan switch ...??????? read the fulll details at the blog ......

    http://icicidupedme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true, extremely frustrated with poor banking manners of ICICI bank customer service personnals.. they dont know what the customer is asking for, when explained they will give some stupid answers, and the most favourite answer is that their application is down may be more than half of the times.. it’s not long before they are going to loose customers.. pretty soon that will happen… now I prefer citibank for all my transactions.. even heard HSBC is doing good.. I had a credit card from them and got very good service till the end.. ICICI – please don’t forget, you are not the only one in the market.. there are many more…. our experiences will definitely ripple down to all… pretty soon…

    “ICICI CUSTOMER CARE SUCKS”…

    ReplyDelete
  8. All, please join the below group in facebook if you want to do something against ICICI banks attitude towards customers..

    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126334224073526

    ReplyDelete