Saturday, July 5, 2008

Irony!!!

Most of the B-School aspirants want to make it to a consulting firm or investment banking. Let's leave the consults outside this post as I will come back to them later.

Now, these days with salaries touching new peaks, thanks to I-Banks, people are big time interested in making it to an I-Bank. Now here's lie the catch. Most of these banks come for summers and GENERALLY give PPOs (Pre-Placement Offers) and hence the number of such firms coming for finals is really less.

As for the summers, one gets a shortlist on the basis on what (s)he has achieved/done/accomplished till now in life!!! Here's lies the irony....If I want to get into an I-Bank, then I should have been quite an achiever and then make it to a B-School and then hope to get a shortlist in Summers, convert it and fight to make it a PPO :) :)

So, basically my M.B.A. course per se is not helping me to make it to an I-Bank. Ya ya people can argue that one can move to an I-Bank once you are out in the market; but everyone also knows how easy/difficult it is to switch once you are out there ;) ;)

This is not so true for a consulting firm as most of them generally come for summers and for finals too, so an option still remains to crack them!!!

Some things in life are left better not explained ;) ;)

2 comments: