Friday, July 18, 2008

New Lappie!!!

Buying anything new always brings joy to oneself, especially if it’s a laptop! I got my new ThinkPad R 61 with 3 GB RAM - a GAMING machine.

This is the first time I am using Vista and I must say that it’s a beauty. People have been complaining about it being slow and hanging a lot. Thankfully, I have not till now encountered such issues. The graphics are really superb. I thought XP was beautiful, till i used Vista. Driven by Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz processor and NVIDIA enhanced graphics card makes it work like rocket. One can feel the difference while playing games ;) ;)

But, as always, a ThinkPad loses out on the looks but I think what could have been better for Rs. 47,000 – Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, Enhanced Graphics Card, 160 GB HDD 7200 rpm, Vista Business Edition, 3 GB RAM, DVD Writer and a back pack!

It’s a steal!

6 comments:

  1. Hey...amit you rock...nice blog.. the first one was reaaaallllly long... i can imagine.. 7 CATs will atleas take 7 pages ;)

    have fun.. and make the best of it all ..

    lottsa love and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amit

    Very nice blogposts...

    I am also MBA Aspirant (doing B.Tech), I want to know 3 things?

    1. You were in FMS, now in IIMC. What is the difference btw two?

    2. Do you find people without workex doing mba in your college (both fms and iimc)

    3. You wrote somewhere you met genious people there. Can average students make it to iims....

    Thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Raj,

    1. Leave that! :)

    2. Freshers do make it and in big numbers :)

    3. Yes yes man, anybody make it! I just talked about few individuals

    ATB

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm...R61 :jealous:
    I have a 512 MB RAM Dell :(

    but lets see how much you get to game sirjee :D

    Keep the gyan coming...ppl like me need it ;) especially posts like "irony"....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i feel vista is tedious
    but then given a choice i would go back to windows 2000 ..even XP is an unecessary story for me!

    ReplyDelete