Saturday, August 2, 2008

1/12 MBA

Time just flies by! 6 weeks have just gone by and I am already 1/12 MBA. These have been fun-filled and just terrific days for me. Here are the things I really want to talk about.

1. Exams – Just had my mid-sems. The quality of paper being set is just too good. Basic, very basic concepts are tested and no amount of mugging can help. One needs to remember all the basics at the same time. And preparing at the last time is a sure-shot suicide. Some faculty is way too fast in giving out result. The exam held on Monday had its result finalised by Tuesday, which is less than 24 hours. But they were put up after our last exam today!!!

P.S. – No query about my performance will be entertained ;)

2. Food – Everyone seems to ask this question :D So, here’s the answer. It’s pretty good in my hostel which is known as New Hostel (actually was built in 1993), popularly known as NH in IIM-C.

3. Tests/quizzes/assignments – Surprise and announced quizzes are the in-things in IIM-C. This is just to have continuous evaluation and to ensure that not too much weightage gets on to one particular exam. One thing I would like to mention here is that IIM-C has ZERO TOLERANCE policy regarding plagiarism. If one is caught, it is very very very severly dealt with.

4. Time Management – Something which comes automatically to an individual in a B-School. With so many things to do together – classes, quiz, exams, assignments, group assignments, sport, gym, swimming, clubs...one can’t help but prioritize and reprioritize the events in life. So much so, that my walking time from hostel to the classroom has reached 7 minutes from initial 10 minutes. I am sure, it will touch 4 minutes by the time I leave the campus.

5. Flash Gordon – This is a tournament which is held in NH. It is the footer-volley championship held between the different wings of this hostel. Just to add, our wing won it this time :) :)

Well, this is enough for now. Many things are in store for the coming weeks – management game, a trekking trip which I might go to, World War and many more.

Keep watching this space!

3 comments:

  1. 1/12th mba...scary to think 11 more like this are left :)

    btw what did you play during flash gordon? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not scary man but fun-filled learning ;) ;)

    Umm...will play to retain the trophy next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey boy was just wondering what you were upto these day... given the fact that my gmail is blocked and hence can't keep in touch... so I decided to check on your blogs and I am kind of uptodate with whats happening your end. Keep writing. And you mentioned gym please visit that place. Dont want u becoming a gubbara again :)

    ReplyDelete