Sunday, August 31, 2008

Class statements

As Term I is almost ending here for me in IIM Calcutta, I just looked back and thought about the learnings and experiences I had in the past 8-10 weeks. But I concluded that such a post demands a lot of time and energy and effort, so I postponed it for mid-September after my exams.

Well, there were really some funny incidents in the class and some classic statements made by students and Professors. Below listed are my personal top 3 favourite statements given out in the class.

3. Our Statistics Professor - "I agree that statisticians are crazy people, but there are exceptions, and one of them is standing in front of you."

2. Accounts Professor - "Its better to be roughly corect than to be precisely wrong."

1. Let me give a little background for this. We have a non-credit course on Managerial Communication and we were discussing how to respond in a particular situation to a person. The class started discussing with eveyone pitching in their view points, but some of us (me included) were pressing on the point that the response depends on the interaction with that person, time spent with him/her and many other variables. Now this is the way one guy had put it - "Since the space-time continuum is elastic, my response to someone depends on which part of the elasticity curve I am operating on at that time."

1 comment: