Sunday, July 25, 2010

India Today!

Ya, I am talking about the magazine but at the same time, it reflects the state of our country’s attitude too.

I subscribed to the magazine using the online portal and was informed that subscription will start from 5th July onwards. When the magazine did not reach us even by 8th, I called up the helpline and asked the issue. They had no answer apart from ‘getting back to me.” Next week again, no magazine arrived at my place and this time my mother called the helpline, but got the same answer! The situation remained same till 20th, I decided to cancel the subscription and called the ‘help’line for the same.

I asked the executive on how to cancel the subscription and out of their process, he asked the issue, apologized and similar stuff. When I persisted for the refund, his reply was “Sir, you have called only once, why the cancellation??” This reply of his really angered me and gave him a piece of my mind. What do they expect, that I should keep calling them!!!

Well, the e-mail for cancellation is already underway and now the same request of non-cancellation keeps coming over the mail. I have not changed my stand on the issue and now waiting for my money to be refunded.

Such careless and insensitive attitude is really disgusting and that too from a group of stature of India Today…

1 comment:

  1. Outlook's better...

    I had an issue with their delivery being delayed and sometimes missed. I had to just send an sms to a number mentioned in their magazine... I got a call soon, apologizing for my inconvenience and then they switched to a private courier near my house and also sent me the old issues missed.

    Since then I have had timely delivery of the magazines.

    ReplyDelete