Tuesday, July 20, 2010

‘Welcome’ by Vodafone

I took a Vodafone corporate connection as I moved to Mumbai for my job. After all the verification was done, my number was activated in a day or so. In all the while, I did receive calls from them informing me about the billing cycle, call rates, helpline numbers etc.

But after a week or so after the activation, I received a SMS from them which read like this “Kindly call on XXXXXXXX (a landline number) and fix up a appointment so that we can welcome you to Vodafone.” Now, this was unheard of (atleast for me!) but on second thoughts, Vodafone did care for the time and privacy of its user.

Nevertheless, I did try the number to fix up an appointment but alas, was not able to get through even after trying multiple times. I thought, maybe there are too many people who wanted to be ‘welcomed’! ;)

1 comment: