Thursday, July 22, 2010

LIC Roxxx

When all payments are moving towards the online mode, it was little surprised to know that Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) had started an option to pay premium over the net. At the same time, I had my apprehensions of it working to perfection. Nevertheless, I decided to create an account and go through the portal.

It’s a pretty neat work, I must say. The menu so created is crisp and clear and the instructions are prominently displayed on the site. Policies taken in my name were added without any issues here. Then, I tried to create an account for my father too. There is a provision for creating profile for spouse and kids too in an account. So, I was trying to add some policies taken in the name of my mother but the system was continuously throwing an error and was not able to add it.

I called up the helpline and they told me to mail the issue. I sent out the mail and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply within an hour and that too, on a Saturday! I was able to issue after this after exploiting a loophole in the programming logic :D

Overall, nice work by LIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment